Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A date with Destiny - A means to an end

Some say a date with Destiny only comes around every now and again but im one to disagree with that. I'm of the belief that she dates around a lot, giving many suitors their chance for that once in a lifetime experience. That's why I'm always looking, for different opportunities and chances, for Destiny to say "hey, today can be the day that you do something great, different and more than anything, new. " The point is for me, I've always wanted to write. Something. Anything. It didn't really matter. I liked it when i was a kid and lately I've been thinking about picking it back up. Does this make me a nerd? Yes, probably. Actually, that's almost a 100% yes. But I'm, ok with that, in fact i like it. I've typically been perceived as more of a preppy persona which is totally false. Maybe that will be a little more evident here but maybe not. Its all up in the air, i would say. So that's were the means to the end comes in. I'm not really doing this for an audience, at least for now. I'm doing it because i like to put things on paper ( or in this case a box with a spelling disorder that will tell me every time i make a mistake). I like making lists, and comparing things, and just talking. I think its mostly that last one. So actually that thing i said about not wanting an audience was a lie. I would love an audience. See, i don't always agree with everything i say, and neither should you. I want debate, i want people that believe in what their saying to say things. The worst thing that can happen is for an opinion to go unheard. Most of all i want inspiration, and a challenge from people. The things i write here will probably be from my own life and all the crazy things racing through my head. I hope to also throw in abstract stuff that makes no sense and is perhaps even completely irrelavant at times. Who knows? This might be the only thing i ever write on here, and it might be the beginning of something great. Only Destiny can tell and just like most women ( my wife included =] ) she's not always the easiest to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment